Nationally, Habitat for Humanity's PR is appealing and informational. Their website is easy to access and very functional. They have a clear purpose and advertise " Simple, decent, affordable housing." I like that they make it so easy to become involved and offer so many opportunities to volunteer. All the information anyone could possibly need is offered.
We are working specifically with Waco's office and I think they could do a few things to improve their current PR efforts. The already have a Facebook page and Twitter that they update quite often, but their website isn't super appealing or great to look at. I feel as though adding more color and pictures could really attract audiences and get more people involved in the cause.
When we met with the Waco office last week, we were able to pick up a few fliers about current programs the habitat offers. They also had a large standing cardboard display that they use for booths around Waco. I think there is a lot the Waco habitat office could do to really get more people involved and aware of opportunities to serve. I know so many Baylor students who would love to volunteer with Habitat for Humanity, but we rarely here of events they have going on. I think advertising on Baylor's campus could be a great idea!
My group's job is going to be to promote a new program that has been used by other offices but is just now being started in Waco. Habitat for Humanity’s A Brush with Kindness is an exterior home preservation service that offers painting, landscaping, weather stripping and minor repair services for homeowners in need. This is a great opportunity for people of all ages and capabilities to help out around the community because it offers small and easy jobs. We are so excited to be working with this program and can't wait to see the outcome. Since it is a new idea we have so many ideas and a clean slate to brainstorm different forms of PR.
For more Info, visit: http://www.habitat.org and http://www.wacohabitat.org/


No comments:
Post a Comment