After meeting with my group tonight, I think we're on the right track to producing a great campaign that the Waco office will love. I'm glad to have some time to reflect on what I personally want to gain from this project, as well as what skills I can contribute to our efforts. Our group is very diverse, which is wonderful, because we can all work together, and learn from one another.
We made a lot of progress tonight, and were able to split up the work load and designate specific people for specific tasks. This week, I will be working on a news release about "A Brush With Kindness," with basic information about the new program and ways to become involved. It's been a little tricky for us to decide what angle we want to come from with the campaign. Since this is a brand new program for the Waco office, that won't actually start until the fall, news releases and materials like that are difficult to produce if we don't have a specific time frame.
I will also be designing our Facebook ad. I'm looking forward to creating this graphic, it allows me to be creative and I've enjoyed working more with design lately, as opposed to writing. I feel as though I'm a much stronger writer than designer so I'm looking forward to a challenge and the opportunity to learn through practice.
My main goal for this campaign is to produce a final project that we are proud to present to the Waco Habitat office and that we may also use in our portfolios. I want to listen carefully to what our client wants and work closely with them. Although this campaign is a little overwhelming in retrospect, it's a great opportunity to do actual work of a public relations professional. I'm happy that almost all my classes this semester are truly preparing me for graduation in May.

No comments:
Post a Comment